Seth McCloskey is a dedicated trial lawyer who has made a career out of seeking justice for victims of negligence, particularly when a large company’s conduct is the root cause of his client’s injuries. Seth is one of only a handful of lawyers in Texas with a national Board Certification in Truck Accident Law. Additionally, Mr. McCloskey is one of the even fewer number of lawyers across the nation with Board Certifications in both Truck Accident Law and Personal Injury Trial Law.
During law school, Seth quickly developed his niche for trial work and secured a place on the coveted Trial Advocacy Team. He was also a moot court Appellate Advocacy Finalist. Seth won several awards and recognitions as a top-speaker and oral advocate at competitions across the state.
Since becoming a lawyer in 2009, Mr. McCloskey has successfully tried more than 200 cases to verdict. During the years he served as a state prosecutor, Seth found that standing for what is right regardless of the stakes is the only way that justice can be obtained, and the only way a litigator should fight. Seth has dedicated his career to fighting large trucking companies, insurance carriers, and others whose negligent conduct, policies, employees injure or kill the innocent citizens of our state. Seth McCloskey treats every case he takes with the same tenacity and conviction – seeking justice for those who otherwise would have no voice or recourse against the powerful resources of the insurance industry.
Seth has been recognized as a Super Lawyer- Rising Star by Thomson Reuters and has been selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as Top 40 attorney. He has been featured in Texas Monthly Magazine and has been interviewed by news media outlets for his specialized knowledge in civil litigation and investigations. Seth frequently writes legal education papers and presents to various groups of legal professionals, including truck accident attorneys, paralegals, and industry professionals across the country. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, the Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys, the National Board of Trial Advocacy, the Texas Bar College, and the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Certifications and Degrees
- National Board Certification in Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Earned undergraduate degree from Stephen F. Austin State University where Seth graduated, magna cum laude, with a double major in Speech Communication & Political Science
- Earned law degree from the University of Toledo, where Seth received the prestigious Reinberger Honors Fellowship
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the Super Lawyers – Rising Stars by Thomas Reuters and featured in Texas Monthly magazine (2019-2020).
- Invited to join Top 40 Under 40 (2020) by The National Trial Lawyers Association – an invitation-only professional organization composed of the top trial lawyers from each state or region who are under the age of 40.
- Selected to 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers by Lawdragon (2022)
SETH IS A MEMBER OF THE NATIONAL TRIAL LAWYERS: TOP 40 UNDER 40