Steven C. Laird
CONTACT US FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN
Our Results Speak for Themselves
$3.6 MILLION ($3,624,210) RECOVERY TO CLIENT – PERSONAL INJURY – ELECTRICAL SHOCK: We represented an engineer who was severely injured by an electrical shock after a sailboat mast touched a live wire that was hanging over a cove. (more)
$8.7 MILLION ($8,717,054) RECOVERY TO CLIENT – MEDICAL INJURY – BRAIN: The parents of a baby girl asked our firm to investigate the brain damage caused by partial oxygen deprivation. (more)
$3.4 MILLION ($3,421,444.00) RECOVERY TO CLIENTS – TRUCK ACCIDENT – CLIENT 1- SPINE INJURY, SPLEEN LACERATION, BRAIN INJURY, CLIENT 2 -FOREARM FRACTURE, BRAIN INJURY: We represented the driver and passenger of a car that was hit by an 18-wheeler. (more)
See our Case Results page for additional information. | Email us with questions at email@example.com.
Representing Those Harmed by Others
Board Certifications & Advanced Degrees
- National Board Certification in Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy (1 of only 3 in Texas, 1 of 17 in the US)
- National Board Certification in Civil Trial Law from the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Steve is one of the rare lawyers nationally – and one of only a handful in the state of Texas – to earn the degree of Master of Laws in trial advocacy from Temple University, which is consistently ranked as the nation’s leading trial advocacy program.
Recent Honors & Awards for Excellence in the Practice of Law
- Named to the Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers by Thomas Reuters and featured in Texas Monthly magazine (2003-2013, 2015-present) With 80,000 licensed attorneys in Texas, being named as one of the Top 100 is truly an honor.
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America® (2013-present) by BL Rankings, LLC based on work for plaintiffs in significant personal injury cases.
- Received an AVVO® Rating of Perfect 10 by Martindale-Avvo.
- Rated as AV-Preeminent – Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, which have been recognizing lawyers for their strong legal ability and high ethical standards for more than a century.
- Received the 7th Annual Outstanding Trial Lawyer of the Year Award by Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association for outstanding service and representation of plaintiffs in personal injury litigation.
- Presented with the annual Professionalism Award from the College of the State Bar of Texas and the Professional Award from the Tarrant County Bar Association – the only member to be honored by receiving both awards.
- Received the 2018 Tarrant County Bench Bar Big Heart Award by the Tarrant County Bar Association.
Steve is a recipient of the U.S. Army’s Commendation Medal, Steve is married and has three children.
Professional Memberships – Leadership | Boards | Committees
- American Law Institute | Invitation Only, organization of judges, law professors and attorneys helping to formulate rules of law in various legal areas and produce Restatements of Law.
- Advisory Board Member on ALI Restatement Third, Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons.
- American Association for Justice | Sustaining Member
- Continuing Legal Education Presenter
- Fellow – Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Fellow – National College of Advocacy
- Designated as Diplomate – National College of Advocacy
- Past – Law Student Services Committee
- AAJ Bus Litigation Group
- American Bar Foundation | Life Fellow
- American Bar Association: Member since 1980
- Academy of Trial Advocacy | Founding Member – This is a group of the nation’s top plaintiffs attorneys who share information, ideas, and skills to attempt to achieve the best possible results for their clients.
- Texas Supreme Court Committee | Three State Bar committees are appointed by the Supreme court of Texas to cover ethics-related issues.
- Past – Professional Ethics Committee
- Past – Task Force Committee on Advertising and Referral Fees
- Texas Bar Foundation: Member since 1988; Fellow since 1989.
- State Bar of Texas | Member since 1988
- Past – Advertising Review Committee Chair
- Past – Jury service Committee
- Past – Pattern Jury Charges – Volume I Committee
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association |
- Past – Board of Directors
- Past – Statewide Membership Director
- Past – Statewide Political Communications Committee Chair
- Past – Long Range Planning Committee Chair
- Past – Fundraising Committee Member & Amicus Curiae Committee Member
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation | Charter Fellow
- Past -Director
- Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association |
- Past – President
- Past – Board of Directors
- Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association |
- Past Board of Directors
- Fort Worth Air Power Council Member (2009 – Present)
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice (now Public Justice) | Member since 1993
- Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas | Member since 1992
- Texas Supreme Court Historical Society | Charter Member since 1992.
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity | Member since 1977
- Boys and Girls Club of Arlington |
- Past – Director
- Sigma Chi Fraternity | Member since 1972
Sought-after Speaker: Trucking Accident Injury Cases
Because of his reputation and experience in the area of truck accident law, Steve is regularly asked to speak and present, as an expert, nationally, to groups of truck accident attorneys and industry professionals.
Learn more about his Legal Articles & Presentations here.
Accident Information & Help
Our Accident Information & Help page provides videos and other resources for accident victims.
STEVE IS TRUSTED, EXPERT SOURCE FOR THE TEXAS NEWS MEDIA
Over the years, Steve has become a trusted source for many reporters and editors in the news media based on his involvement in some of the area’s most notable cases, and for his expertise in various areas of law. We invite you to check our News & Media Coverage page to see how Steve and other firm attorneys are called on as expert sources, especially as expert Fort Worth truck accident lawyers.